Are you a developer, technologist, civic hacker, or data cruncher who wants to help change the world of journalism? Apply to become a 2015 Knight-Mozilla Fellow and spend ten months embedded in one of the best newsrooms in the world, writing open code and becoming a leader in the international journalism tech community.
The knight-Mozilla Fellowship presentS a unique opportunity for people who like to code and who want to influence the future of journalism in the web. Fellowships are paid positions, and emphasize open-source development that strengthens specific newsrooms and the larger journalism-code community.
Host organizations and location
Seven organizations around the world will be hosting the six Knight-Mozilla Fellows in 2015. Fellows are based, unless special circumstances dictate, in the town of their host news organization. In 2015, the Fellow will be based with:
- The Guardian in London, UK
- La Nacion in Buenos Aires, Argentina
- NPR in Washington, DC
- Vox Media I Austin, TX; Washington, DC; or New York
- Center for Investigative Reporting in Emeryville, CA
- New York Times in New York, NY
- Washington Post in Washington, DC; or New York, NY.
- The Standard Fellowship offers a stipend of $60,000 paid in 10 monthly instalments. Fellows are responsible for remitting all applicable taxes and other government payment as required.
- The Fellowship covers the costs of required travel for fellowship activities. The fellowship also provides supplements for housing, childcare, health insurance, moving expenses, and helps pay for research/equipment and books.
- The fellowship programme is designed to engage people who like to code and bring them- and their varied expertise-into newsroom. If you have a knack for coding and an interest in contributing your skills to journalistic projects, you are the type of person they are looking for.
- Knight-Mozilla is committed to recruiting a group of fellows that reflects the diversity of the communities they work in.
- Women and other under-represented participants in technology are strongly encouraged to apply.
DEADLINE: 16th August, 2014
To apply and for more information visit here