The United Nations University-WIDER PhD Internship Programme gives registered doctoral students an opportunity to utilize the resources and facilities at UNU-WIDER for their PhD dissertation or thesis research, and to work with UNU-WIDER researchers in areas of mutual interest.PhD interns typically spend 2-3 months at UNU-WIDER and return to their home institution afterwards. During their time in Helsinki, PhD interns prepare one or more research papers and present a seminar on their research findings. PhD interns may also have the opportunity to publish their research in UNU-WIDER’s working paper series.
- UNU-WIDER provides a travel grant, medical insurance (for medical and hospital services resulting from sickness and accident during your stay at UNU-WIDER),
- Monthly stipend of EUR 1,500 to cover living expenses in Helsinki during the period of their internship
NOTE :The programme does not cover expenses related to dependents.
- UNU-WIDER receives only receives online applications for PhD Internship Programs twice every year
- Shortlisted applicants will be informed by email
- The selected applicants should be available for the entire period of the Internship