Students worldwide are now invited to register to participate in the 2014/2015 Global Schindler Award competition. The new Global Schindler Award students Competition asks for outstanding concepts for new urban forms relate to mobility, in response to global urban change. Students are asked to present original design concepts that engage the specific spatial conditions of Shenzhen, China, in response to a defined task.
The Global Schindler Award Competition will enable students to participate in the vital consideration of livable and sustainable urban environment- in all their complexity. Mobility networks provide access to basic human needs such as housing, health and welfare: accessibility must be improved. The inauguaral competition will take place in 2014-2015 for a site in Shenzhen, China.
- Over 100,000 Euros to be won
- The competition is open worldwide to students of Architecture, landscape architecture, urban design and planning.
- The juried competition will ask for detailed design proposal about mobility
- Participation in the competition gives students a platform for knowledge sharing, comparison and recognition
- Through the use of the open competition format, common in design practice, students have the opportunity to gain practical professional skills and contact with international renowned practitioners and experts.
- The competition is open for entry by enrolled students: Bachelor’s degree candidates in their final year and Master’s degree candidates, along with their international equivalents in the fields of architecture, land scape architecture, urban design and planning
- Collaboration and consultation with students and experts advisors from outside the field is encouraged, but the submission mist remain an urban an urban design proposal, following the given requirements
- Students are asked to work as individuals or teams, under the oversight of a university faculty member.
DEADLINE: 15th November, 2015
Visit the official page here for more information