WAAW foundation’s annual scholarship initiative is aimed at supporting need based African female STEM-focused college education.
WAAW Foundation awards annual scholarships to students who demonstrate need and prove their status as full time students in a STEM related course in an African University. Recipients will become WAAW Ambassadors in their respective communities.
Please read the eligibility criteria before you apply. All non qualifying applications will be automatically deleted! Criteria for eligibility includes:
(a) Female students of African origin, living and studying in Africa.
(b) Currently enrolled in undergraduate B.S.degree program.
(c) Studying STEM related courses in a University or college in Africa.
(d) Demonstrable financial need, and
(e) Excellent Academic Record.
(f) Below the age of 32 years.
(g) Graduation date is after December of award year
Please note that we do not fund graduate (masters, MBA or Phd) programs, second or subsequent degrees, students older than 32 years, non-STEM focused courses or Diploma degrees. There no NO EXCEPTIONS to these requirments.
How to Apply
Your application will include the following:
- Application form filled out completely. Only online applications will be accepted this year. NO PAPER APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED*.
- Personal and Contact Information.
- Educational background and Family Information.
- Statement of need should describe why scholarship funds are needed and what the funds will be used for if received.
- Essays are a strong criteria in determining candidates who are short listed. Responses to essay questions that address career goals and how you expect the WAAW scholarship will assist in your education.
- Two academic/professional references. Note recommendations and transcripts ARE NOT REQUIRED AT THIS TIME. ONLY after a candidate has been shortlisted.
For more Information Please Visit the WAAW scholarship Official Page