Deadline: 13 October 2014
Open to: everyone interested
Venue: online between 14 October-16 December 2014
Acumen in partnership with IDEO.org is organizing the Human-Centered Design course, a seven-week online course that will introduce you to the concepts of human-centered design and help you use the design process to create innovative, effective, and sustainable solutions for social change. Acumen believes in the importance of incorporating the principles of human-centered design when creating solutions to problems of poverty so that low-income customers are provided with choice, not just charity.
This seven-week course will:
- Equip you with the process and methods of human-centered design so that you can be more intentional about facing and solving your current challenges;
- Let you experiment with the power of human-centered design;
- Teach you to identify patterns and opportunities for concept development;
- Inspire you to approach challenges differently and experience how human-centered design can add new perspectives to your work;
- Give you hands-on experience speaking to, prototyping for, and testing solutions with potential users.
The online course starts on 14 October and ends on 16 December 2014.
The course is open to everyone interested in the topic and you must work through it with a group of 2-6 people. It is strongly recommended you form a team with people located in your city before starting the course.
The course is free.
Interested candidates must register online HERE.
The deadline to apply is 13 October 2014.
For any questions please contact Jessica Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org.