Deadline: 31 January, 2015
Open to: lighting designers, architects, urban planners, interior designers, engineers, landscapers and students
Prize: three rewards in amount of EUR 8.000 and one reward in amount of EUR 2.000
The call for entries for the 2015 Lamp Lighting Solutions Awards has recently been opened and Lamp’s 6th competition for lightning solutions design is already taking place. Light is a fundamental element of life and a key aspect of any architectural project. Prizes will be awarded to projects that have successfully met the architectural lighting needs of an indoor or outdoor space, having created a positive synergy between architecture, interior design, landscaping and lighting. The Lamp Lighting Solutions Awards value the creativity, innovation and sustainability of lighting projects, regardless of the manufacturer or the brand of lights used in the project. There are four categories in which the contestants can dive in:
- Architectural Outdoor Lighting: lighting projects for outdoor illumination such as: facades, sport facilities, monuments, canopies, etc;
- Indoor Lighting: lighting projects for indoor illumination such as: shops, restaurants, museums, exhibition halls, single buildings, offices, etc;
- Urban and Landscape Lighting: lighting projects for urban illumination such as: squares, roundabouts, avenues, streets, parks, bridges, etc;
- Students Proposals: This year’s theme is “Light and darkness”; lighting projects, both indoor and outdoor, in which not only light but also shadow and darkness play a key role in defining form and space, revealing the surface and texture and in creating ambience and character: urban areas, landscapes, cathedrals, churches, transport interchanges, airports, hotels, shops, restaurants, etc. Only idea-based projects will be accepted.
Any lighting designers, architects, urban planners, interior designers, engineers, landscapers or students who are authors of a lighting project. There are no restrictions on age, nationality or place of residence.
The jury will determine 1 winner per category with a total economic reward of 26.000€:
- Architectural Outdoor Lighting Award: 8.000€;
- Indoor Lighting Award: 8.000€;
- Urban and Landscape Lighting Award: 8.000€;
- Students Proposals Award: 2.000€;
You can submit your entries after you create an account at the online application system.
Application deadline is 31 January 2015.