|REF: NMK/HR/DMSM 08/14|
|Date Posted||Monday, 08 December 2014|
The National Museums of Kenya (NMK) is a multi-disciplinary state corporation whose core mandate is identification, preservation, conservation and development of Kenya’s rich and diverse heritage. We are seeking to recruit exceptional Kenyans with strong administrative, organizational and leadership skills and extensive experience in areas of specialization to fill the positions below:
SURVEYOR (REF: NMK/HR/DMSM 08/14)
Reporting to the Director Museum Sites and Monuments the experienced Surveyor with a
background in managing multiple sites and a high workload will be entrusted with planning and
implementation of the organization survey work strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities
1) Carrying out topographical and cadastral surveys
2) Facilitation in survey, registration and acquisition of titles belonging to the institution
3) Maintenance of land information system in the spatial database
4) Improve on existing survey systems to ensure that internal operational survey work are analyzed and up to date
5) Prepare and operationalise an annual survey plan and budget
6) Provide both the Board and management with regular assessment and opinion on effectiveness of NMK survey operations
Requirements for appointment
1) Bachelors degree in a relevant field plus full professional qualifications
2) Be a member of Institute of Surveyors of Kenya, Land Surveyors
3) Have training in GIS/GPS/Remote Sensing/Land Administration and management
4) Competences in GIS applications software e.g. Arc GIS series
5) Knowledge of Data Base Management and SQL
6) Have served in a surveyor position in a busy environment for a period of not less than three (3) years
7) Good communication skills
Initial appointment will be on a three-year contract, which will be renewable based on output and mutual agreement.
Surveyor- Salary grade NM5, KES. 63,782 – 91,722 per month. House allowance KES. 24,000
HOW TO APPLY
All applications should be clearly labeled with the name of the position applied for both on the envelope and on the cover letter and include copies of the following documents: A cover letter, detailed resume, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, testimonials, other relevant supporting documents and names and addresses of three (3) referees (include telephone contact and email).
Applications should be addressed to: The Office of the Director General, National Museums of Kenya. Hand- delivered applications should be dropped in a box marked “Applications” located at the Nairobi National Museum, main gallery security office.
Electronic applications shall be in PDF format, with the subject line being the position applied for and sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications should reach us not later than Monday 5th January 2015 at 12 noon.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.