Deadline: 6 March 2015
Open to: outstanding students from developing countries who plan to undertake a Master in areas directly related to sustainable energy development
Scholarship: $23,000 per year
The Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership, based in Canada, is a not-for-profit organisation that promotes sustainable energy development through electricity sector projects and human capacity building activities in developing and emerging nations worldwide.
The Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership has had a long-standing commitment to education under the rubric of its capacity-building initiatives. In 2001, the Partnership reinforced this commitment by establishing the Education for Sustainable Energy Development (ESED) scholarship program to support outstanding students from developing countries pursuing advanced studies in sustainable energy development and to encourage meaningful contributions to the collective body of knowledge about this subject. The ESED program offers up to ten Masters level scholarships for a period of up to two years.
In order to be eligible applicants must:
- be a citizen of a developing country or territory identified for official OECD development aid in the DAC list of ODA recipients effective as of 2010 (see list HERE);
- have graduated among the top 20% of her/his class;
- have chosen a study programme directly related to Sustainable Energy Development;
- possess a letter of acceptance provided by an academic institution for the 2015-16 academic year, or is at least able to provide evidence that the academic institution of choice is considering the candidate’s application for admission.
Scholarships of US$ 23,000 per year for up to two years are offered for Masters level students.
In order to apply you must follow the next steps:
1. Create an account using the online ESED application system.
2. Fill in the required information.
3. Upload the required documents :
- Passport or Birth certificate;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Copies of transcripts;
- Admission or Deferral Letter;
- Program Outline;
- Academic Reference;
- Personal Reference.
The deadline to apply is 6 March 2015.
For further information please visit the official website.