Deadline: 2 February 2015
Open to: international students
Prize: EUR 100,000
Valeo is offering young engineers worldwide the opportunity to create the equipment that will make cars more intelligent and intuitive by 2030. Comprising teams of two to five people, engineering students can take part by presenting a relevant, innovative project in English. The aim is to stimulate the students’ creativity, enabling them to form multidisciplinary teams. In this way, engineering students can join forces with students in the social sciences or any other scientific discipline that they think could be useful for their innovation project. The contest is divided in three phases:
- Students are invited to form teams of two to five people and submit their project by February 2, 2015;
- The 20 shortlisted teams will then be asked to create a mock up in the format of their choice(physical mock-up, application or other). Each team will be given €5,000 to put their idea into practice and build a functioning demonstrator. After the jury has made its decision, the 20 contending teams will receive an email announcing the contest’s results, no later than September 1, 2015. At the same time, a list of the six teams selected to present their project to the jury in Frankfurt will be announced on Valeo’s websites and on social media on September 1, 2015.
- From the shortlisted teams the jury will select the ultimate winners.
The contest is open to any students regardless to their nationality. The only condition for participation in this contest is that you must be in a team that contains two to five individuals.
- First Place will receive 100,000 euros;
- Second and Third will get 10,000 euros each.
Students you can start assembling your team and proceed with you application here.