Graduate Student Eligibility and Selection Criteria
The program is open to residents and citizens of Sub-Saharan African countries. Students must be first-time applicants to MSU. Transfer students are not eligible for the program.
- Prior completion of a Bachelors Degree from an African University with academic achievements suggesting continued academic success as a graduate student.
- Strong commitment to a professional path in line with an area of study that can positively impact Africa.
- An interest in and capacity for give-back, evidenced by commitment and engagement on campus, in professional pursuits and/or community.
- Manifest ethical behavior and strong character essential to joining The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Network.
- Ability to deal with change, uncertainty, and adversity, as well as interest in other countries and cultures, necessary to succeed as a student overseas and represent one’s home country
- Significant financial need and/or from lowest income bracket in country of origin
- Commitment to return to Africa and give back in ways that enhance the economic growth and social development of Africa.
For more information on how to apply and forms to download. Please follow these LINK.
All the best to the applicants