Technological innovation is taking place at a breath-taking pace. Simple, open source internet-based applications and services designed to enhance on-line collaboration are now available to the wider public at little or no cost at all. These new online technologies known as Web 2.0 and ‘social media’ enable people to collaborate to create, share and publish information.
The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation EU-ACP (CTA) has a mandate to facilitate access to and dissemination of information in the fields of agriculture and rural development in 78 countries in Africa, the Caribbean and the Pacific (ACP). Supporting the adoption of Web 2.0 applications represents a great opportunity for meeting it.
Benefits to the participants
- Web 2.0 and Social Media: concepts and principles;
- Selective access to information via (i) advanced multilingual search options; (ii) RSS and (iii) automated alerts;
- Content curation: Tagging and Social Bookmarking;
- Photos for the web;
- Remote collaboration (e.g. GoogleDrive, Dropbox);
- Online conversations (Skype, Google Hangouts, Viber, Whatsapp);
- Online mapping (New Google Maps);
- Blogging (Blogger or WordPress);
- Micro-blogging (Twitter);
- Social networking (LinkedIn and Facebook), risks and mitigation measures;
- Online Communities of Practice;
- Web 2.0 and Social Media for Agri-business and marketing.
- be computer literate and conversant with browsing the Internet;
- have regular access to a computer ( ownership of a computer is an advantage);
- be competent in the use of the English language;
- have an active e-mail account;
- be actively engaged in agriculture and rural development / natural resource management / biodiversity conservation in the domains of ICT for development (ICT4D), policies, markets; publishing, communication and media;
- be in a position to take along a WIFI-enabled laptop to the training;
- be a resident of the country where the application is made.
locations and their deadlines:
Malawi- 11th August, 2014
Namibia- 11th August, 2014
Lesotho- 11th August, 2014
Swaziland- 25th August, 2014
New Guinea- 8th September, 2014
Nigeria- 1st September, 2014
To apply and for more information visit here