Deadline: 11 September 2014
Open to: applicants from African countries under 45, with a Master degree and at least 7 years of work experience
Fellowship: monthly stipend
The Ibrahim Leadership Fellowships forms a selective programme designed to identify and support future African leaders. The Ibrahim Leadership Fellows receive mentoring from the current leaders of key multilateral institutions.
Fellowships are offered at:
- The African Development Bank (AfDB) – The fellow will work in the executive office for a year at the headquarters of AfDB in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire.
- The International Trade Centre (ITC) – The fellow will work in the executive office for a year at the headquarters of ITC in Geneva, Switzerland.
- The United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA) – The fellow will work in the executive office for a year at the headquarters of UNECA in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Anticipated start date for all position is May 2015.
To apply for this fellowship you must:
- Be a national of an African country;
- Have 7-10 years of relevant work experience;
- Have a Master’s Degree;
- Be under the age of 40, or 45 for women with children;
The Foundation will finance an annual stipend which will be paid monthly.
The application process varies for each institution.
For more information visit the official website.
Deadline for applications is 11 September 2014.