Image Credits: Google
Deadline: 29 December 2014
Open to: international students in computer science or related technical field
Remuneration: paid internship
Google is currently hiring a Software Engineering intern who will be based in one of their largest global engineering centers in Sydney, Australia. The internship will last 12 weeks from May to September 2015. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
The responsibilities of this internship position are:
- Research, conceive and develop software applications to extend and improve on Google’s product offering.
- Contribute to a wide variety of projects utilizing natural language processing, artificial intelligence, data compression, machine learning and search technologies.
- Collaborate on scalability issues involving access to massive amounts of data and information.
- Solve all problems that come your way.
- The candidates must be currently pursing a Bachelor, Master or PhD in computer science or related technical field.
- Preferred qualifications:
-Experience in systems software or algorithms;
-Knowledge of UNIX/Linux or Windows environments and APIs;
-Familiarity with TCP/IP and network programming;
-Excellent C++, Java and/or Python skills.
The internship is paid although the salary is not specified.
Interested candidates must apply online HERE.
The deadline to apply is 29 December 2014.
For further information please visit the official call.
Credits : Booking.com
Open to: application developers worldwide
Remuneration: competitive salary
Booking.com is the world’s leading online hotel and accommodation reservations company. They are looking for highly skilled developers to join their mobile team in the vivid city of Amsterdam. As an iOS application developer you will develop, design and maintain their Booking.com iPad and iPhone apps. The Booking.com iOS apps have been downloaded over 20 million times all over the world, so your work will have broad international reach.
- Maintain and enhance their iOS application;
- Translate requirements and mock-ups into fully functioning features;
- Develop new and existing iOS applications features;
- Provide estimates on development cycles;
- Implement conversion experiments (A/B tests);
- Partner with designers to help define and implement User Interface improvements;
- Work with team members on server-side integration.
- 3+ years iOS application development using iOS SDK;
- Knowledge of Cocoa, Objective-C and Xcode;
- Knowledge of Object Oriented concepts and a strong passion for software development;
- 5+ years of experience as a developer;
- Strong interaction and design sense;
- Self-motivated to explore new technologies, applications and environments;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Self-starter, highly motivated, team-player;
- Fully comfortable working in English, both in writing and spoken;
- Willing/Able to relocate to Amsterdam.
Booking.com offers a competitive salary plus bonus, with possibilities for further career opportunities within their fast growing company. This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation they will assist you with a relocation package ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in the Netherlands.
Apply online HERE.
For further information visit the official website HERE.