World Institute for Development Economics Research of the United Nations University (UNU-WIDER) is the first research and training centre of the United Nations University (UNU), established in Helsinki, Finland in 1984.
The UNU-WIDER PhD Research Internship Programme gives registered doctoral students an opportunity to utilize the resources and facilities at UNU-WIDER for their PhD dissertation or thesis research, and to work with UNU-WIDER researchers in areas of mutual interest.
The selected interns are expected to spend 2-3 months in Helsinki and return to their home institution afterwards, pursue research on a mutually agreed topic, contribute to UNU-WIDER’s research-related activities, give seminars on their research findings etc.
- be currently enrolled in a PhD programme;
- be fluent in oral and written English;
- have shown ability to conduct research on developing or transition economies (candidates working in other social sciences may apply but should keep in mind that UNU-WIDER is an economics-focused institute);
- have good analytical skills.
Preference is given to applicants who are living or working in developing countries and who are at later stages of the PhD.
- travel grant,
- medical insurance, and
- monthly stipend of EUR 1,500 to cover living expenses in Helsinki during the period of their internship.
UNU-WIDER only receives online applications. The link to the online application form will only become active one month prior to the submission deadline.
During the application procedure applicants should submit:
- Application form;
- Curriculum vitae;
- Letter of reference from their supervisor;
- Research proposal for internship.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 30 September 2014.
For further information please contact: email@example.com or visit the official website.