Attention all Postgraduate Students!!
The Chevening Scholarship Programme 2015
The Chevening Scholarship Programme started in 1983 and is funded by the British Government’s Foreign and Commonwealth Office, in partnership with UK and international private sector organisations. The objective is to support UK foreign policy objectives, creating lasting positive relationships with future leaders and decision makers.
Chevening offers fully funded scholarships to outstanding individuals with leadership potential from around the world to study for 1 year at Master’s degree level in any subject, at virtually any higher education institution in the UK. This year’s priority areas of study are:
– Education and Health Policy and Administration
– International trade, Economics and Finance
– Science, Innovation and Engineering
– Governance and Human Rights
– International Relations and Foreign Policy
The UK Government recently announced a considerable increase in funding for the Chevening programme. This means a large increase in Scholarships on offer in 2014-15 – in fact we expect to triple the number available for South Africa, Lesotho and Swaziland.
Educating and empowering young people in an ever more competitive and global world is critically important. So please encourage bright, motivated and committed people to apply by taking the follow three easy steps:
– Go www.chevening.org for more information, in particular eligibility criteria
– Choose, and apply for at least three courses you would like to study in the UK
– Complete the Chevening application form online, before 15 November 2014
Deadline: November 15, 2014
Chevening Scholarships are the UK government’s global scholarship programme, funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations. The programme makes awards to outstanding scholars with leadership potential from around the world to study postgraduate courses at universities in the UK.
The programme provides full or part funding for full-time courses at postgraduate level, normally a one-year Master’s degree, in any subject and at any UK university.
Around 1500 scholarships globally will be offered. Any subject at any UK university, but you should check your country page for priority areas.
The scholarship Cover:
- tuition fees; a living allowance at a set rate (for one individual);
- an economy class return airfare to the UK;
- additional grants to cover essential expenditure. Some Scholarships cover part of the cost of studying in the UK; for example, tuition fees only or allowances only. Please check the individual country pages for more details.
Chevening Scholarships are for talented people who have been identified as potential future leaders across a wide range of fields;
- including politics, business, the media, civil society, religion, and academia. Applicants should be high calibre graduates with the personal, intellectual and interpersonal qualities necessary for leadership.
Applications are done through an online application system which will be available on the official website’s application page by 1 August 2014. The application deadline for the 2015/2016 is 15 November 2014, 23:59 GMT.
Visit the official website for more information on how to apply